Crich Medical Practice, Oakwell Drive, Crich, Matlock DE4 5PB
Telephone: 01773 852966
WE'RE CLOSED Please note the phone lines open at 8.30am
See our other Locations
South Wingfield Surgery, Inns Lane, South Wingfield, Alfreton DE55 7LW | Telephone: 01773 833086
Holloway Surgery, Mill Lane, Holloway, Matlock DE4 5AQ | Telephone: 01629 534763
Measles Phlebotomy Service Shingles Vaccination PCN Patient Newsletter Support getting to vaccination and screening appointments Patient access to records online The Medicine Order Line Staff Training 2023/24
ONLINE GP ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORDS VIEWING SYSTEM
INFORMATION LEAFLET FOR PATIENT AND CARERS
Crich Medical practice will be giving patients online access to their Detailed Coded Record with effect from March 2016. You will be able to view online, export or print coded information held in your own record. There is no charge for this service. The service is completely voluntary to the patient. If you do not want to use it, your treatment will not be affected in any way. Please note this is a ‘read only’ service.
What are the advantages for me?
· You can choose to share your records with those treating you anywhere in the NHS in England. You may also wish to share your records with family members.
· You can easily look up your list of medications and immunisations (known to your GP).
· Accessing your record on computer will help you to understand and make better use of the information we hold about you.
· Access can help you discuss your health with health professionals caring for you.
· You can help to ensure that the information we hold about you remains accurate, up to date and complete.
What information will I be able to see?
The system allows you to view the following areas of your GP medical record:
· Medical history showing diagnoses, investigations, and procedures
· Allergies and adverse reactions to medications
· Vaccinations and immunisations
Are there any risks for me?
· There may be something in your record that you have forgotten and do not want to be reminded about.
· Some terms may be difficult to understand as the notes are made by doctors and nurses for each other. If necessary please seek further information during your next appointment at the surgery.
Can I alter the record?
No, only practice staff can alter your record. However if you see something which you think needs to be changed please complete the request form (see below) as soon as possible. Any changes to your medical record will be authorised by GP.
Can I share the record?
You will be given secure log in details to access your record. You should keep these safe and not share with anyone. However if you want to share your record with other health professionals or people caring for you, including family and friends.
What about security?
Your information remains under the control of your GP as it does now. Like online banking you control viewing by using your Username and password. You will be responsible for keeping your log in details safe.
Logging off or a power failure will clear all the information accessed online from your computer system. Only the surgery permanently holds your information. You are advised not to copy information to your own computer but to log on to the secure site each time to wish to access information as it will be up to date and secure. Information may be printed and shared as you wish, but please ensure any paper copies are kept secure and disposed of securely when no longer required.
How do I get started?
1. To be able to use the system you must have a computer with internet access.
2. You will need to have SystmOnline access set up with the practice. To register for SystmOnline you will need to bring photo ID with you e.g. a passport, driving licence.
3. You must complete a Medical Records Consent Form (see below) to say you have read and understood this Information Leaflet before you start using the system. This form is available from reception. You can fill out the form before you come in but you need the receptionist to witness your signature.
4. We will contact you with the information you need to login. You must remember these details and keep them secure. You will also be given some instructions about how to login and use the service.
Please note: Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a legal right to apply for access to health information held about you. If you require access to information before 3 years ago, please apply in writing to the practice manager (this is known as a Subject Access Request). There may be a charge for this.